At Connamara, we are extraordinarily proud of our outstanding software engineers, business analysts, network specialists, operations staff, business development team, and administrative and support staff. Without exception, they are smart, honest, fair-minded individuals. They care deeply about their families, their friends, and their communities. They work hard and they play hard. They are Connamarians.
They come to Connamara, and stay at Connamara, because:
They are intrigued by the fast-paced, ever-evolving world of markets and trading
They want to be intellectually challenged
They like to think creatively and take risks
They enjoy interaction with clients and prospective clients
They want a high-level of responsibility and decision-making authority
They like to work collaboratively in a tight-knit supportive environment
They want to do important, meaningful work
Connamara Workplace Benefits
Office near CTA and Metra transit options in the Loop
Access to free food of your choosing via Peapod
Fitness center in the building
Remote working options available
Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Employee medical, dental, and vision insurance – fully paid by employer
20 days paid time off per year
9 paid holidays per year
401(k) retirement plan
Flexible Spending Accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care
Employee Assistance Program
We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
The SRE/DevOps Manager is responsible for the availability and performance of Connamara products and services. As part of the Engineering team, the DevOps/SRE Manager will be involved in deployment, automation, virtualization, monitoring and troubleshooting across Connamara services and applications.
Your contributions to Connamara will include:
- Owning the DevOps strategy for all Connamara products and services.
- Championing DevOps process and ensuring our DevOps strategy is implemented in end-to-end development.
- Discovering ways to improve existing architecture, keeping in mind various automation tools.
- Managing and recruiting other DevOps engineers and ensuring full efficiency from the DevOps process team including developers, QA, and release management.
- Acting as an escalation point for qualified service degradation incidents and background provisioning issues.
- Acting as a knowledgeable expert on configuration management and deployment tools.
- Supporting the implementation of DevOps / Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery for Connamara’s new product initiatives and existing products.
- Acting as a cloud expert for architecting components, infrastructure, and tools.
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of Configuration Management and Deployment tools.
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows.
- Proficient with Docker, and containerization tools.
- Takes operational responsibility; delegates; raises awareness of projects at risk or people problems.
- Proficient in developing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines using modern tools.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms.
- Able to deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services and SaaS applications.
- Experience with scripting technologies and modern programming languages
Connamara Systems is seeking an Agile Trading Systems Engineer to add to our team. The Agile Trading Systems Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing various trading applications, and participating in all aspects of the development lifecycle.
We are seeking candidates who have an interest in building real time distributed systems using C++, Java, Go or C#.
A successful candidate must be willing to solve complex software problems, design, develop, and debug solutions in a collaborative environment, using multiple languages. They will also understand the value of automated testing, test driven design, and agile development practices.
We have applications in production that span technologies including C++, Java, C#, Go and Ruby/Rails. These applications include user interfaces, high-frequency trading platforms, risk management systems, exchange matching engines, market data and order routing adapters.
Connamara is a team of high performing polyglot software engineers, UI/Ux designers, project managers, and analysts working in capital markets located in the Chicago Loop. We are dedicated to fulfilling the business goals of our clients through certainty of delivery while maintaining the highest of quality standards. We attain our mission through the use of agile software developments methods honed over twenty years of practice. Our clients include top proprietary trading firms, brokers, and exchanges from Wall Street to LaSalle Street to the City of London.
At Connamara, we highly value work/life balance and are looking for a team member who feels the same way. You won’t be asked to work crushing hours, and you will be able to maintain a flexible schedule. While we expect a high degree of independence, energy and quality output, we also believe in having a good time. Workplace benefits include an office near CTA and Metra transit options in the Loop, access to free food of your choosing via Peapod, bike storage, fitness center in the building, and more. Traditional compensation and benefits include:
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – fully paid by employer
- 20 days paid time off per year
- 9 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Flexible Spending Accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care
- Employee Assistance Program
Skills & Requirements
- Undergraduate Degree required; Computer Science, Engineering, or Math
- Ability to solve complex software problems, design, develop, and debug solutions in a collaborative environment, using multiple languages.
- Understand the value of unit testing, test driven design, and agile development practices.
- Experience using GitHub a plus
- Experience using ZenHub a plus
- Financial / Capital Markets experience a plus
- FIX Protocol experience a plus